Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Price You Pay

Tonight upon going to the supermarket, my wife and I noticed that petrol was priced at $1.36.9 at the nearby Caltex.

That's a few cents down on last time we gassed up. So the plan was made - do the shopping, then get some fuel.

But less than an hour later, the same service station had changed the price to $1.44.9.

The price of a barrel of crude oil dropped over night by around $US3.

So.... Ummm... How the hell does the price increase!

Crude oil goes up - the price per litre goes up.

Crude oil goes down - it seems the price still goes up.

I wonder if my boss would accept me asking for money just because I feel like it on the day?

In fact, you owe me $1.25 for reading this post (tomorrow it'll be $1.40.9, so count yourself lucky!)

No comments:

Post a Comment